Possible Signs of a Miscarriage
The possible signs of a miscarriage can vairy widely. Sometimes a woman who has had a very early miscarriage will have no symptoms at all. Other signs and symptoms can be:
- Loss of breast tenderness/soreness
- Loss of morning sickness
- A late period
- Heavier than normal period or a period that lasts more days than usual
- A positive home pregnancy test that is now negative
- A blood pregnancy test was positive but has turned negative
- A blood test which measures hCG levels shows a decrease in levels
Other signs can include vaginal bleeding or spotting, severe abdominal pain and cramping and a sudden decrease in signs of pregnancy. These signs can actually be signs of something less serious than a miscarriage so always check with your health care provider.
Choose another topic on miscarriage:
Have you experienced a miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? Share your story with us on the miscarriage page.